Many are becoming attracted to buying and selling because of how fast and easy it’s done. Basically, you just need a product to sell, a camera, an internet connection and then you’re good to go. Despite of being easy, you will be needing a lot of time and effort in order to be successful in the business. That’s why today, I decided to write a millenial’s guide to buying and selling in order to help increase your chances in earning money (and saving too!)
Photo courtesy of research-methodology.net
1. Do some research. Research about the product you want to sell, your target market and your competitors. If you are going to use an app, you also have to know what time most of your consumers go online. In this way, you’ll find the right approach on how to sell your product.
Photo courtesy of wall.alphacoders.com
2. Invest on a good quality camera. You need to give your consumers an impression that you have high quality products. Blurry photos will just make them think otherwise.
Photo courtesy of hk.jobsdb.com
3. Know your edge. Now that you have already researched about your product and your target market, you have to stand out with your competitors. Know what makes your product unique. You have to let your consumers know that you have the best product and they should trust you more than anyone else.
Photo courtesy of entrepreneur.com
4. Connect with your followers and consumers. Be nice and polite, even if they are just inquiring. People will mostly buy to someone who is accommodating than someone who doesn’t show any interest.
5. Sign up on a reputable buy and sell app.Carousell is a community marketplace that lets you buy and sell everything from clothes, furniture, books, antiques and even houses. What I like about this app is that their team is very accommodating. Upon signing up, I received a personal email from their Community Manager who gave me a warm welcome. They also informed me about their recent updates and giveaways.
The app includes a Discover groups section where you can buy and sell your stuff with people of similar interests. For students in Canada, they have groups for University of Alberta, University of Calgary and University of Toronto to help students on their buying and selling needs. Apart from that, Carousell app also gives you an opportunity to interact with your consumers through private chat.
Carousell makes buying and selling from a mobile phone an irreplaceable part of everyday life. Snap, list, sell. 30 seconds is all it takes to get started with your new favourite app. Explore the business of buying and selling by downloading the Carousell app for free! You can also check their Facebookpage for more details.